Today’s society is riddled with many different kinds of diseases emanating from the foods we eat. Many doctors agree that the current eating culture is a key contributor to the alarming rate of lifestyle diseases, including diabetes, hypertension, obesity, as well as depression and autoimmune diseases.
One of the best propositions for a healthier diet alternative is the paleo diet. The principles of the diet are generally linked to the lack of these modern diseases in our predecessors. As such, if a person replicates their lifestyle and diet, they should lead a healthier life, and avoid such diseases.
Paleo diet, also known as the Caveman power diet, is a diet based on eating organic, unprocessed foods. The idea behind it is that human beings naturally run best when on a diet close to what our primitive ancestors ate before we discovered ways to produce grains via agriculture. As such, the closer the food or diet is to that of a hunter/gatherer Neanderthal, the better. This means no sugars, grains, and processed foods, and plenty of vegetables, fruits, nuts, and lean proteins.
Nonetheless, sticking to a Paleo diet can be a struggle for people who have little time on their hands. While it’s a solid principle for body toning and weight loss, its success is largely dependent on the ease with which a person can stick to it.
One major challenge when it comes to following the diet is figuring out how to create a variety of delicious meals, perhaps due to the limited variety of ingredients and recipes for this diet. After all, most of the common recipes are not Paleo, and anyone new to the diet might find that their collection of recipes won’t work for them any longer.
Fortunately, there are a number of resources that offer great ideas on what and how to cook, to help solve this problem. One of these is the Paleohacks Cookbook, which is a great resource for people with limited cooking abilities, time, and patience. But just how good is it?
Paleohack Cookbook Review
What is the Paleohack Cookbook?
The Paleohack Cookbook is a downloadable cookbook containing over 200 delicious Paleo recipes, and covering all categories of foods including snacks, main meals, desserts, and salads. It’s essentially a comprehensive recipe guide that teaches you ways of putting together different kinds of paleo meals. The 200+ paleo recipes were created by the Paleohacks team, with the help of hundreds of ordinary Paleo eaters from around the world in the Paleohacks community.
The Paleohack Cookbook provides more than the typical food counter books. It’s actually more of a guide on how to integrate lifelong, healthy eating habits into your lifestyle. The authors promise over 150 recipes that you’ve never heard of or prepared before. With that in mind, forget about the boring paleo meals that you may have come across. In the cookbook, you’ll learn a variety of meal plans along with their easy to follow preparation techniques.
In addition, the Paleohack Cookbook contains detailed recipes that promote healthier diet options for people who resort to severe dieting for weight loss. It also empowers people who want to watch and maintain a healthy weight to stick to healthy diet regimens. In general, it provides a practical workable Paleo diet plan.
About the Author
Paleohack is one of the most renowned companies in the Paleo industry. From our understanding, they started off as a basic website and went on to become one of the best resource for everything Paleo. Today, it’s no longer just a website, but a major Paleo company responsible for changing the lives of many people. Paleohack is also a large community that offers tips, tricks, advice, and recipes to living Paleo, not just eating it.
Recipe Quality and Overall Look
The overall feel and look of the e-books feel a little bit dated, and we think they could do with a bit of a sprucing up. Nonetheless, the information is easy to find, and nearly all of the books have page numbers. All the recipes are easy to go through and follow, with nice and simple steps.
One of the potential issues is that some of the recipes use imperial measurements for the ingredient measurements, while others use the metric scale. Depending on the recipe you’re using, such a difference in measurement units means you might have to convert them.
Benefits of the Paleohack Cookbook
• Clear instructions: the information contained in these e-books is easy to follow. The recipes can be used by almost anyone without any trouble, as each step is described in detail.
• A variety of delicious recipes: the cookbook contains a wide range of recipes to choose from, and they are all delicious.
• Affordable and backed by a money-back guarantee: Paleohack Cookbook only costs $12.95,if you order straight away, within 15 mins of landing on their order page, after which the price goes up to £50- which gets you the cookbook along with all the bonuses. All this is backed by a 60-days money back guarantee.
• Supports the consumption of natural, organic foods: many doctors recommend the Paleo diet, especially to people with gluten allergy or intolerance. Professional fitness trainers also recommend the paleo diet to clients, since the diet only contains organic foods.
• Great Paleohacks community: one of the key benefits about purchasing this book is the membership to the Paleohacks community. On the Paleo lifestyle journey, nothing beats connecting with like-minded individuals.
• Lacks pictures and descriptions: the recipes lack images and descriptions, which might put some people off. The lack of images means that it will be difficult to tell how a given dish should look like in the end. Nonetheless, since the cookbook was designed to include even the newbies, the Paleohack team made sure that even the most inexperienced cooks could actually use it.
• Requires some effort: although the Paleohack Cookbook is easy to comprehend, going on a paleo diet requires you to give up on the modern foods. This means that you need to adapt to a new lifestyle. This might require a lot of effort on your part.
• Lack of polish: A mix of imperial and metric measurements on some recipes, and doesn’t include a conversion table in the cookbook. The e-books also look a bit dated, and they could benefit from a “go to contents” button.
Going Paleo has obvious benefits, but there’s no denying it will be a struggle. After all, you’re probably already used to sugars and processed foods. Nonetheless, this is a lifestyle change towards a healthier, happier, and delicious way of life.
The Paleohack Cookbook goes a long way in making your transition to the Paleo diet easier. It contains enough recipes to keep even the most demanding families deliciously satisfied. The other guides and bonuses are a welcome addition, considering that the whole package only costs $12.95 (for a limited time when you land on their order page. After that the price increases to $50.) However, the lack of pictures and general polish can be a bit off-putting.
Still, if you’re looking to start on the Paleo Diet journey or extend your paleo recipe collection, the Paleohack Cookbook should definitely be on your list.